i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

quarter life crisis. seriously.

disclaimer: this post will be serious but humorous. such is my life. enjoy.

in the time since i last posted i have turned twenty-five. 25. viente y cinco. i wish i could tell you that with this milestone came great wisdom and insight. alas, it did not. in fact, i feel as though i could sum up my life with the words of pink:

bad decisions, that's alright; welcome to my silly life.

in the realm of bad decisions, i haven't made any that have landed me in jail, pregnant, or on the news, so i feel like that's pretty big accomplishment. however, i've made a lot - too many, in fact - that leave me hurting. remember britney spears (pre-shaved head and 36-hour marriage)? well, guys: oops, i did it again.

i thought something was - it wasn't.
i thought things had changed - they haven't.
i thought some one was - he isn't.
i thought i could - i can't.

unless i just dive right on in to details and specifics, which i am resisting the urge to divulge, there's not much i can say except, "ouch." my heart hurts. i should have seen it coming. definitely should have seen it coming. and i should have known better. nothing left to do but forget it and move on.

in other news: today my brakes went out while i was driving. talk about an adrenaline rush. i was slung in to oncoming traffic with no way to stop until in a swift and brilliant thought i shifted my car in to park. a little whiplash never hurt anyone, right? it did it again while at a huge intersection up the road, only this time it made a noise that sounded similar to what would happen if C3PO jumped into a garbage disposal. i was pretty sure the engine of my car had been left somewhere between walgreens and cvs on laurens road. to my delight, it was not, and i made it in one piece to goodyear where (to my horror) i learned that my brakes were non-existent. super duper. $951 later, i can gently tap my brakes and come to a complete stop without fear of needing a back-up plan should they fail.

later tonight i went to close the back door when holy my gosh what did i spy on my patio but a decapitated and dismembered squirrel. screaming, gagging, jumping and flailing about followed. luckily. seth was here to see lauren, so he manuevered the poor, dead rodent in to a trash bag with a stick and a broom while lauren and i filmed it. i am now searching google to find out how to disinfect my dogs' mouths.

that's enough excitement for one blog post. don't want to overstimulate my dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment