i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Sunday, April 10, 2011

my king has crushed the curse of death

o praise him, hallelujah
my delight and my reward
everlasting, never failing
my redeemer, my god

i'll set my gaze on god alone
and trust in him completely
with every day pour out my soul
and he will prove his mercy

though life is but a fleeting breath
a sigh too brief to measure
my king has crushed the curse of death
and i am his forever
"psalm 62" by aaron keyes

so many potential blog topics for this evening. where shall i begin? as easter approaches (quickily, i might add; how is april half way over??), i am so stricken by the words "my king has crushed the curse of death." my faith is contingent on this truth. christ crushed the curse of death. he crushed it by resurrecting from the dead. he could only have been resurrected if he was once dead. he could only have died if he was once alive. because he was alive, did die, did resurrect - he is STILL alive! friends, jesus christ is exactly who he said he was. he is god's own son - god himself - who was born of the virgin mary, lived a righteous life on this earth, was fully god and fully man, went willingly and obediently to the cross, became our sin, died, on that glorious sunday was raised victoriously from the grave, now sits at the right hand of god almighty in heaven and will return for me one day because i have been made one with him in his death and in his resurrection and my soul has been bought back from the grave. hallelujah! i know i can celebrate this truth every day of my life, but there is something so powerful about waking up on easter morning and rejoicing in the victory of my savior.

today i have the overwhelming feeling of being excited about my life. i'm always grateful for the lord's work in my life and anxious to see where he's leading me - but i mean that just as i said it: anxious. i don't feel anxious today. i feel a deep sense of joy and excitement and desire for the plans i'm watching unfold around me. i had a most ridiculous thought today, too. it was an idea - a dream for my future - that would just be insanely and unbelievably incredible and beyond anything i could ask for. and i'm asking for it. stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment