i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Thursday, June 11, 2009

recent happenings

i've become rather deliquent with my blog posts, so i'm going to give you a brief run-down of my life lately - in list form, because despite my complete anti-type a personality, i like to make lists. whether or not i do things or buy things or live according to my list is irrelevant.

1. i am getting a tattoo. i've been saying i want one since college, and i've been playing around with permanent markers for a while, trying to find the right spot and the right tattoo. i've decided that on my right foot, at the top on the right, under my toes, i am going to have the word "grace" written in hebrew. i've pondered a lot of things, other symbols and words, but grace is the one thing that i always want to be with me. it's beautiful in hebrew, too. i love it. it's on my foot currently in permanent marker, and it's so perfect. it's very small, only about an inch. i don't want it to wash off! gray wants a tattoo, too, and i'd really like to wait and go with him to get mine. brother-sister bonding.

2. verizon charged me twice for a $288 bill. it caused my bank account to overdraft. my account currently reads -$932. yes, that's right. i said NEGATIVE $932. didn't even know it was possible for a bank statement to look like that. it is. if verizon doesn't correct the issue for me, then my dear ole dad will step in with the LAW. haha. but really. i need my $932 back.

3. it's funny how friends rotate in and out of your life. well not funny, really, but i think you can definitely see how the lord brings people into your life for a season (and a reason, not to be corny). and while some may stay longer than others, some may stay for no time at all, and some may float in and out, it's interesting to see just how one floats in when another floats away. i can't say i always enjoy this aspect of life, because once i make a friend, i hold on tightly to them. i don't like when relationships change. but in my life, it's true that every person who has been a part of my life, for whatever reason and for however long, they have had a reason, and they have left me with memories. and someone else has floated into my life to replace the ones that have floated away. jesus is beautiful that way.

4. i have sun poisoning on my chest. and it is disgusting.

5. i woke up and went to the gym at 6:30 this morning. i always feel so good when i work out in the morning. it wakes me up and energizes me and really boosts my mood. i've needed that this week.

6. for this number, i'm just going to refer you back to my post about dating. guys feed girls a lot of crap, and we buy into it and get all attached. guys need to stop, and girls need to guard their hearts. the end.

7. i feel as though i have exhausted every romantic option in my life. at this point, i just don't really even care anymore. i cannot take the emotional rollercoaster. whatever.

8. i've been doing the beth moore study "a woman's heart: god's dwelling place." i did it two years ago after my life had fallen apart, and i was in the "wilderness." like the people of israel, god had led me to a place of bitterness. i was reading notes i had written in the work book in 2007, and it is amazing to me that i am the person i am today. the first time i did this study, i had no concept of how i would ever be okay - how i would ever heal, forgive, move on, or taste sweetness and joy in life. that sounds dramatic, but that's how it was. today i can look back, and trace god's hand all over my life and see how he's led me not only TO that place but THROUGH it and PAST it. i thought i'd be wandering in the desert forever, but i wasn't. just like the tree sweetened the water at marah for the israelites, the cross sweetened my bitterness and hurt and anger. oh, the wonderful, wonderful cross of christ.

9. my birthday is next friday. i LOVE my birthday. :)

10. it's almost the weekend. ptl.

No comments:

Post a Comment