i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

heavenly sunshine

sunshine is delicious. rain is refreshing. wind braces us up. snow is exhilerating. there's really no such thing as bad weather, just different kinds of good weather.
-john ruskin

i completely agree. but let me just say here and now that the weather we have had the past 5 or so days has been PERFECT. i would take 80 degrees and a clear blue sky with sunshine any day of the year. there is something about this weather that makes me feel so happy and so content and so...ALIVE! i love it. i love driving with my windows down and my sunroof open and my arm hanging out the window blasting my favorite music. i don't even care if my hair gets messed up from getting tangled up by the wind. i love how the breeze makes it cool, but the sunshine shooting down from my sunroof makes my shoulders and face and the tops of my legs warm. i love reading on my porch in the evenings when i get home from work. i love wearing my cute, spring dresses to work everyday. i love that it's actually fun to be outside right now - it's not too cold, and it's not too hot. i love that nighttime is still cool enough to throw on a sweatshirt and sit outside and look at the stars. which brings me to my next point.

when i look at the stars i feel like myself.
-switchfoot

so true. i pretty much feel like "ashley" all the time, but if you know me, then you know i love the stars (don't be fooled by the failing grade i took in astronomy sophomore year). i mean, i LOVE the stars. i hang my head out the window at night (of a moving car) to stare at them. i frequently stop in the middle of parking lots to gaze up at the sky. i truly love them. and i think, in a way, i really do feel more like myself when i gawk at them. i realize how small i am, and how big God is. i mean, He is BIG. i'm insignificant, and umimportant, and pretty transient. BUT (and what an i mportant but it is), God loves me. oh, He loves me! i am valuable, and i am treasured, and He delights in me, and He desires me! God made all of the glorious creation i see, and it does exactly what it should do: it points to Him; it brings Him glory. but then he made me, and although the thing i do best is mess up my life, He loves me and i'm chosen and called out and blessed and favored! incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment