i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Monday, September 27, 2010

i need a nap

but instead, i am finally updating my blog.

let me say first and foremost that this makes TWO, that's right - TWO, posts in one month! i'm getting better!

secondly, let me give a big WELCOME BACK to fall! i went to publix yesterday and discovered that my very favorite cinnamon brooms are back! cinnamon brooms are just that - brooms that are scented with cinnamon that make the entire house smell heavenly and warm and cozy. i am so excited for the season to change. i love cold, clear fall nights. i love jeans and boots. i love scarves. i love crisp, orange leaves. i love seeing my breath in the air. i love football and pumpkins and halloween and thanksgiving. fall makes me nostalgic for some reason. it makes me want to be in love.

what is new in my life? wellll, last week i had a stomach virus and a sinus infection. wow. such misery. on thursday, after being sick for several days, my mom met elizabeth in clinton to pick me up and take me to camden. i think part of my misery can be attributed to the fact that i was alone. i don't like be alone on a normal evening, but much less one where i feel like death. thank goodness for my sweet mama who took good care of me.

now that i'm healthy again, i'm back at work. this week i'm in training from 8:30 - 3:00 for my new curriculum. today was only day one, but it was successful. after being out all of last week and missing all of this week, i am definitely starting to miss my kids! i can't wait to get back to them next week!

as i was getting ready to start this new post, i read back over what i wrote last time. how funny. i remember writing that and my heart aching so deeply. today as i write, i can tell you that that burden has finally been lifted, and i am experiencing peace i haven't known in months. jesus is more faithful than i could ever ask him to be.

it's 7:00, and i have no plans tonight. something i try to avoid. however, i am looking around at a house that desperately needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment