i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Thursday, July 9, 2009

i need you like a hurricane

i don't have any prophetic wisdom to share today. just some ramblings about what's going on in my life. i was awake at 5 am today. i didn't go to sleep until about 12 am. i am TIRED. i woke up with a headache (thank you, sinus pressure), so i got a bottle of water and some meds and tried to go back to sleep, but that didn't happen. i think that could also be because someone kept texting me. let me stop here to tell you how much i love my bed. when i am curled up, smack-dab in the middle of my huge, soft, cozy, queen-sized bed, with the dark chocolate brown curtains pulled tight and the room freezing cold - i could not be happier. that is one of the best feelings in the world. i love my bed. i love the sleepy feeling i get laying in my bed. i love being cold and wrapping up in soft, silky sheets and a comforter. seriously. i love my bed. so, at 6:30 am, i forced myself out of my little piece of heaven on earth, and hit the gym for a quick 30 minute workout. i'm glad i did, but my metabolism is through the roof today, so i've been hungry all day long. i am wearing my favorite grey pumps today, and they make me very happy. they also make me about 6 feet and 3 inches tall. i got a new orange planner, which i'm excited about. to be so unorganized, i really appreciate it when my planner is in order. not that i use it, but you know. i had a lovely lunch with lindsey outside at chick-fil-a. we, of course, talked shop. and by shop, i mean WEDDING! we also talked a little bit about tomorrow night, but just a little. tomorrow night lindsey and jason are going to dinner, and lindsey invited me. jason invited one of his good friends. we both just so happen to be single. yeah. you know where i'm going here. i'm trying not to think about it. we were originally supposed to go last friday but had to cancel earlier in the week. i almost told lindsey to not worry about it and to not reschedule, but i thought she and jason might have a small cow, so i'm making them happy and going. don't get me wrong, i'm excited, but i just know how these things usually go. i'm not being negative, just stating a fact. hmm...what else?? tonight i need to go to old navy and lerner, and then i'm going to jaime's to highlight her hair. i'm such a jack of all trades. haha. sike. my parents left on a roadtrip today. i am extremely jealous, as they get to spend the weekend with my sweet brother. i miss him terribly and really wanted to get to visit him. our weekends never matched up, though. now i'm updating my new planner, which is like a job all in itself. and listening to jimmy needham's station on pandora. it's a good one. check it, yo.

10 random facts about yours truly:
10. i want a tattoo. i draw them on various parts of myself to figure out where i want it. location changes daily.
9. i eat cinnamon toast crunch like it's my job.
8. i rarely get mad.
7. i'm extremely affectionate. scott and those guys will disagree.
6. i think a hot shower can solve just about any problem you have.
5. i lose sunglasses, ipods, shoes, articles of clothing, and my debit card on a VERY regular basis.
4. i fell down a hill last week and bruised my knees up.
3. i ate a pint of ben and jerry's ice cream last week when i had strep throat.
2. i feel guilty when i eat poorly.
1. i have great intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment