i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Friday, March 20, 2009

hello, spring

spring has sprung! thank the Lord. i love this time of year. 80 degrees and sunny = HEAVEN. i believe that the weather in heaven will be just like spring time in sc. and yes. there will be weather in heaven.

not much to blog about today. i worked til 9:30 last night, so i didn't come in until 1:00 today. let me tell you, i could get used to this. i woke up at 9, laid in bed and watched 2 episodes of will and grace, went to the car wash, cleaned out my car, went to wal-mart, worked out, then took a shower and got ready for work. splendid.

also fun today: lindsey came to visit me at work. shout out to her, because i know she's reading this. we were talking about "collaboration between my program and the free clinic." hahaha. yeahhh. or we were talking about things that have been going on this week and what we're going to do tonight (make pizza i think). we actually did sort some of my training evaluations, though. that was real work.

i got my cup dress today (ordered on line at nordstrom.com). oh. my. goodness. it is perfect. fits like a glove, and it's probably my favorite dress i've ever gotten for the cup. very me. i can't wait to wear it. it will also make an appearance and erin and clint's wedding.

in other news, i miss my friend, aaron. he up and joined the army, and he's at boot camp/officer's school right now. he's been gone for a month, and i'm not adjusting. is it september yet? i'm ready for him to come home. i write him random letters about every other day. haha. i know he loves that.

working a 4 day week next week. awesome. 4 days are so much easier than 5. i'm going home thursday night so that i can go get my hair done friday morning and then spend all day with my mom helping her get ready for all the company we're having for the weekend. i'm excited. one of my favorite weekends of the whole year. wish my brother would be there. : (

serious topic of the day: girls are so competitive with each other, even though they would never admit it. myself included. i hate it.

lyric of the day:
cause you can't jump the track
we're like cars on a cable
life's like an hourglass
glued to the table
and no one can find the rewind button, girl
so cradle your head in your hands
and breathe
just breathe
-anna nalick

1 comment:

  1. i could never compete with you, ashley.

    haha and you're right. i am reading this.

    ReplyDelete