i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Monday, September 22, 2008

there is a harmony in autumn...

after all of my friends have started blogs (and i've made fun of them all for it), i've given in and have started my own blog. mainly, i think, because sometimes i get bored at work. and because, let's face it, my life is SO exciting! so. my first blog ever:

happy fall! this is my absolute favorite time of year. don't get me wrong, i love summer. i love sunburn and tan lines and the beach and MY BIRTHDAY and fireworks and all of that, but there is something so romantic and magical about the fall. i love the colors and the smells and the events and the clothes and everything, literally everything, about the season. and i think the stars (which i'm pretty sure God created just for me) are the most beautiful on cold, autumn nights.

the past 2 months have been a whirlwind of moving, getting settled, starting work, meeting new people, going back and forth to clemson every weekend, and slowly accepting the fact that i am a grown-up. i love life right now. there is so much change and so much transition and so much to let go of and so much to embrace, but i wouldn't change any of it. i think the Lord really uses these times of change to gently break me. i'm resistant to change, although i like to think i embrace it, but the Lord is always gracious to show me that what i thought was the best time in my life, was only a glimpse into what He has in store for what's to come. that's enough to make me excited for the rest of my life. it's hard to balance that thought with living one day at a time, but like everything else i'm learning, the Father is patient.

"there is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky which, through the summer, is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been."
-percey bysshe shelley

1 comment: