i think Jesus would rather reign in a wild stallion than kick a dead horse any day.
-lysa terkeurst

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

CAhahahahaha

elizabeth and i have been experimenting with variations of "BAhahahaha." we don't really like to use that phrase, so we're thinking of alternatives. i'll keep you posted on which one we choose. so far we like:
CAhahahaha
PAhahahaha
and
MAhahahaha

i've been reflecting on the past two years a LOT lately. what an unbelievable two years i have had. i have survived, is probably more like it. if you know my story then you'll know what i'm talking about. if you don't, maybe i'll share my story/testimony with you one day. either way, know that our God is bigger and more capable of redeeming and delivering than you can possibly imagine. i still feel the heaviness of loss and heartache and anger sometimes, and more so lately, i think, because so many people around me are getting engaged and married. when i get wrapped up in those thoughts, it's so easy to forget how far the Lord has brought me. this morning i was on my way out the door to work, i was locking the door, cereal and purse in hand, and the Lord just really impressed on my heart to go back in and sit down with Him for a few minutes. so i did. i turned to psalm 30 (because today is the 30th), and started reading. i was so humbled by the words i read:

I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, and have not let my foes rejoice over me. 2 O LORD my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. (verses 1-5)

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (verses 11 and 12)

i never, ever want to forget the way i have seen Jesus work in my life. and i never want to forget that He STILL works in my life. healing is a proceses, and He is faithful to restore us in Him. i am so thankful for where i've been, no matter how hard, and where i am, and where He is leading me. i'm just so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment